Crouch and Dayne are 2 that come to mind right away ...
Just looking on Si.com, heres the article Heisman Busts but I was wondering who everyone thought was the biggest heisman bust.
Mine would be 2001 winner Eric Crouch from Nebraska.
Crouch and Dayne are 2 that come to mind right away ...
"Why so serious?"
ill agree considering he didn't have a career..
Rashann Salaam and Danny Weurfell(sp?)
Good post. I wonder if there is anyway to predict just how good a qb/rb will be in the nfl by looking at him in college. I know they look for arm strength, accuracy, size, and speed/strength for rbs. but is there anything else? I mean how does a drop back qb not get taken until the later rounds and end up never playing in the nfl? Kinda like with Peyton Manning. When he was at UT, watching him, you KNEW he was destined for bigger and better things.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
HAHAHAHAHAHA,The first of mine comes from none other than the U Gino torreto! my second one is none other than (surprise surprise)Steve Spurrier
(QB ? Florida)
Before he became one of the most successful coaches in college football, Spurrier led Florida to the 1966 Sugar Bowl, capturing the Heisman on the way. But in the 10 seasons with the 49ers and Buccaneers, Spurrier threw only 40 touchdowns (compared to 60 interceptions) and never threw for more than 2,000 yards in a season. He returned to the NFL in 2002, but did not fare much better, coaching the Redskins to a 12-21 record in two years at the helm.
That was one I didn't know about but is still funny as all get out! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
free like OJ all day
Probably one of my favorite college football players of all time Eric Crouch. He should of just moved to WR big baby.
Go Huskers!
I dont consider Weurfel, Torretta, Crouch, or White busts. None of them had a game that could translate to any type of nfl game whatsoever. Crouch had the best chance as a safety but didnt want to play. The rest had some of the weakest arms in college football history and didnt have a place in the nfl.
Dayne is looking good with the broncos, he never had the speed to translate into a great nfl career either but given his abilities I think he has done well.
Looking back, over the last 25 years, I would say Detmer(had potential, never developed), Weinke(the same and had a decently strong arm), Desmond Howard(Peter Warrick before Peter Warrick), Andre Ware(strong armed Timmy Chang), and Mike Rozier were the biggest bust, along with Salaam(smoked too much weed) as someone already mentioned.
Based upon greatness in college and nfl potential I would vote Mike Rozier as the biggest bust. He was the greatest tailback in Nebraska history and looked to be a great nfl tailback.
Mike Rozier was unbelievable in college and arguably the greatest tailback in NCAA history.
Exactly my point, who would have thought he would only get 1000 yards one time in the nfl(1002) at that.
Bookmarks